Business blogging is a great and relatively cheap tool to market your business. Blogs are a tool that is great for your customers, is easy to customize to match your company’s brand, and is able to easily provide information about your business and products.
If you use business blogging you will a real advantage over your competitors. Some of the benefits are:
• Word-of-Mouth. The number of readers of blogs is growing exponentially postonmagazine.com . So, by creating your own business blog you will be targeting a growing audience. If you have a great write up about your business or your product it will quickly spread. The internet is a great way for spreading news – the web’s word of mouth moves faster than it would in the offline world.
• Awareness and loyalty. Business blogging will give you an easily accessible and open means of communicating with your customers creates significantly more trust and loyalty.
• Feedback – Business blogging is a great way to gather your customers’ opinion. You can ask questions, get feedback and customer concerns. So long as you are seen to act on what they say it is a wonderful way to gather this input.
• Readers are more than willing to make comments about your business and product. People want to take part in a social community and will be happy to share. You just have to take notice and act on what is said.
If you want people to visit your blog you do, of course, need to promote it. This can be done by submitting your posts to the numerous business blogging directories. You need to be sure you update regularly with unique information that is not really available elsewhere.
If you keep your business blogging effort current then your customers and readers will want to keep coming back for more.
You must have an RSS feed (Really Simple Syndication) to let readers subscribe to your blog so they are automatically notified when you make changes and new posts. When creating content you not only have to add value for your readers but you also need to make sure that the content is focused around relevant keywords. By using keywords that your readers (current and potential) are searching for you help ensure that your blog content will be highly ranked in the search engines.
When you are ready to start your business blogs there are some things you need to do:
1. Blog design. Although there are lots of free templates that can be used because this is business blogging it is bet that you have it reflect your company image. You may need to use a specialist to do this for you if you design is complex but most blogging software is relatively easy to change.
2. Subject matter. You need to know what you are going to write about. Business blogging should be another marketing channel, so whatever you write about needs to help meet your marketing goals. That is not to say you should constantly be trying to sell – most of you content should be giving value to your readers this means they are presold when they want to buy.